Friday, March 6, 2009

just learning.

Since my husband and I are expecting our first child, I decided to start learning how to knit.
I had dreams of lovely blankets and booties and hats and sweaters, and so far, I'm pretty excited.
I've started a blanket, a pattern I am improvising, kind of as I go. It's patchwork made from many squares of cute baby boy colours.



I'm going to embellish with leaves, and perhaps some small flowers. (white ones of course.) here are some leaves, and flowers are forthcoming.



I'm also working on this super-cute bootie pattern, by Saartje, a dutch girl who modified a Marie Claire pattern.



So, I'm pretty excited. I've got a set of 3mm DPTs and a set of 3mm 10" straights, as well as 5mm 10"s and some chopsticks I'm converting to 5mm DPTs.

YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. You are doing a great job with the knitting. I also knit and have never done anything like that.

    ReplyDelete